[OM] LOL was RE: BG2 and M Grip cords

Subject: [OM] LOL was RE: BG2 and M Grip cords
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:15:39 +1100 (EST)
Wayne wrote:

>Joel wrote:
>

>> >PS - I missed out on what LOL means....?
>>
>> Laugh out loud.
>>

>And I thought it meant "Lots Of Luck".

When I first got online, I wondered why people kept referring to Little Old
Ladies. Then I came across the translation as "Listen, Observe, Learn" in
an online jargon glossary.  This had me wondering for a while because
people always seemed to post "LOL" in reply to a joke...Finally I came
across the "Laughing Out Loud" translation, which made all that much
clearer. So much for net slang being a common language - reminds me of the
funny looks Yanks get over here when they talk about "fanny packs", or that
old Cannondale bike trailer ad ("the Li'l Bugger") which got pulled for
being offensive!
Dylan