Re: [OM] OM4 query

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 query
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:58:02 -0500
First, you'll need a good DVM which measures atleast milliamps, microamps is
best (millionths of an amp).  Make sure ss dial is not on red mechanical
speeds.  Take battery cap off, insert good silver oxide 1.5v batteries, +
side up.
With clip lead, clip black (-) DVM lead to lens mount.
Set DVM to atleast "ma" range (milliamperes).
Press red (+) lead of DVM to top of exposed battery.  While holding there,
turn meter switch up to battery check then immediately back to auto.
Hold red lead in place while meter times out (this, I believe is 90
seconds).
When DVM reading drops to .0XX, this is when the meter has turned off,
camera is now in standby mode.
Turn DVM meter dial to lowest ma range if there is one.  A "good" OM-4 will
read between .005 and .010 ma (5-10 microamps), an "original" 4 will
probably read .030 - .035 milliamps (33-35 microamps).

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com