Re: [OM] WANTED: 1-8 Screen

Subject: Re: [OM] WANTED: 1-8 Screen
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:32:52 EST
In a message dated 02/25/2000 11:50:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
clayguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm new to the list and a new owner of an OM1. It has the stock screen in it
>  (a trashed up 1-13) and I want to piggyback this little gem on the back of
>  my telescope.  So, I am in pursuit of a 1-8. I've tried Charleston Camera,
>  KEH, B&H and followed all kinds of loose threads and non-commerical sites
>  via the search engines.

Try Camtech, www.zuiko.com, I believe he said recently that all of the 1-x
focusing screens are still available new from Olympus. I think he gets about
$40 for them.

Another alternative to the 1-8 is a 2-4. It might be better suited for a
piggyback application, and it's brighter. Camtech charges the same for a 2-x
screen as a 1-x screen, I believe.

Hope this helps!

Paul Schings