Re: [OM] (Fwd) Colorado Skiing in April

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Colorado Skiing in April
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:14:40 -0600
Oooh- now that sounds like fun.
Before you go, get a hold of "Ghost Towns of Colorado" ("Your Guide to
Colorado's Historic Mining Camps and Ghost Towns") By Philip Varney,
Photographs by Jown Drew, Copyright 1999.  Published by Voyageur Press, Inc.,
Stillwater, MN.  This book is new, all the others We've seen are 5 to 10 years
old or more.  Besides, if you can take photos as good as the ones in this book,
you will have done very well indeed.

The narrow guage railroad is the Georgetown Loop Railroad (the Cumbres & Toltec
and the Durango & Silverton ar much further south).

If you have the time, you might also want to visit the Colorado Railroad Museum
in Golden, Colorado.  My family dropped by here last summer.  They have a lot
of standard and narrow guage equipment.