[OM] Broken lens mount on OM2n. Fixable?

Subject: [OM] Broken lens mount on OM2n. Fixable?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Feb 2000 09:50:47 +1000
Hi all,
        I have an OM-2n with the top screw on the lens mount missing
(the screw that goes in under the M in OLYMPUS).

The three lens mount screws appear to thread into small plates
under the mount ring.  The plate under the missing screw is only half
there---looks like it cracked in half and the right half fell out.  Is
this a fixable flaw, or is the missing part part of the cast bodywork?

When fitting a longish lens (eg 75-150/4) to the body, the lens droops
very slightly--obviously I can't use this body with any longer lenses.

BTW, my OM-1 seems to have a crack in the same part.  Luser owners
overtightening screws perhaps, or common weak point?

Grateful for any advice,
                        Chris.

p.s. Finally got motivated to ask about this after my most recent cat
(Lord Kelvin, a rescued "dumpee" from last Christmas) stretched out in
a sunbeam and was ever so gratuitously cute.  Several frames later it
occured to me "I must get the OM2 fixed!".

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |