RE: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter

Subject: RE: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter
From: Ilona Lemieux <lmx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:50:02 -0500
my crack about the "lead alloy" was apparently an insider joke(inside my
head only) I am actually a more capable machinist than jokester.  What I
meant to say is that the alloy, whatever it is, seems to be very heavy(that
lever, for example seems to be a whopper)

about my reservations, I seem to have offended some users with my comments,
but I certainly didnt intend to. The "benbo mystique" I referred to I
wanted to mean the reputation I thought it may have among those with no
direct experience of it.  I mainly wanted to warn those on the brink of
buying one, especially if their into fit and finish, to GO SEE FIRST before
taking the plunge.

As for the geometric characteristics of the leg spreads, based on the
comments, I better go a have another look!  Maybe my disgust over the fit
and finish clouded my observations!  If so, I apologise in advance. The
comment about the wedges needing a post to aid adjusting surely blows my
statement of the wedges being cast (fixed ridgidly) to the center post.  I
cant(easily) go look again as I don´t own one.  What? - the "mystique"
knocks at my door again?!!?

once again, no offence to those who love theirs - I´m NOT trying to
psycoanalyse them, just myself, really!!

ps I´m new to this net stuff, and dont know why I´m Ilona(my wife) and not
frank(me) will change it as soon as i figure how(hope it´s easier than
wrestling with bagpipes/octopuses)