Re: [OM] 80/4 and 135/4.5 rear caps

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4 and 135/4.5 rear caps
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:41:59 -0500 (EST)
> FYI, don't assume that the same cap fits both the 80/4 and the 135/4.5.  I
> have two deep Olympus caps for those lenses, and they are NOT the
> same.  They are currently packed away as my house is being remodeled,
> otherwise, I'd check to see which is the longer one.  You should be able to
> measure the back lens extension of the two lenses to figure it out.  I'd
> order two of the longer cap, then they'd be interchangeable.

I just checked my 80/4 and 135/4.5 and the rear caps appear identical.
I also measured the length of the protruding rear element on each of the
lenses and they both seem to be about equal (to within a 1mm).  My 80/4
is the newer auto-diaphragm model so perhaps the older manual version uses
a different rear cap.
                                -mark