[OM] flash problem on 4T..need advice

Subject: [OM] flash problem on 4T..need advice
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:01:07 EST
I received a 4T in the mail that I purchased on Ebay.  I cannot seem to get a
flash to fire and need help to know if the hot shoe is bad.  Here are the
symptoms:
I have put both a T-20 and T-32 on the hot shoe, seen a green light in the
viewfinder and released the shutter at speeds >1/60sec, <1/60sec., and at
1/60sec.  I've also tried this on both auto and manual without a successful
fire.  I get a successful fire on my 4 in all the scenarios provided above,
except the viewfinder has a red light with bolt in the middle.  Am I missing
something here?

I have yet to contact the seller and wanted to get some advice here first.
One other thing that might make this whole post a waste:
The desciption read: "There is no warranty on this item...Camera needs repair
to get to tip top shape...Camera works fine now..."

see item at: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=257337910

I realize I should have clarified this b/f purchasing the item and am looking
like a buffoon right now, but the description clearly says that it "works
fine", which does not appear to be the case.  So, what takes precedence 1) no
warranty or 2) camera works fine?  Anybody have experience with a) my flash
problem and b) dealing with sellers in sticky situations?

as always, thanks for all the help. (only wish I could offer help to someone
rather than asking for it all the time :(
--p.j.