Re: [OM] SLIK carbon fiber tripod 800-series

Subject: Re: [OM] SLIK carbon fiber tripod 800-series
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:52:53 EST
An axion to "you can never have too many Zuikos" is "you can have too many
tripods but one more won't hurt."  You might check out the Velbon Caramagne
630 3 section. It scored well on some English magazine's review.  I checked
out the Mamiya while in Palo Alto and I think I may have broken the display
model or it was already broken.  Anyway, it was kind of wobbly due to bad
design of the leg joints. The Gitzo 1227 was by a good measure the sturdiest
and most rigid. The Velbon was for me a compromise of size and price so
that's what I have now.  The Slik 12 oz CF tripod intrigues me and I would
like to see it when it comes around locally.  The new Manfrotto/Bogen and
Slik models weren't in the store when I last visited.

Warren

PS.  And so I told the wife, I bought "US" a new CF Velbon so "WE" wouldn't
have to carry as much weight.  Answer:  Just a glare.