[OM] flash problem on 4T..need advice

Subject: [OM] flash problem on 4T..need advice
From: "Kam" <kamm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:46:59 +0800
Hi Johnson,

I always consider it the duty of a seller to identify with sufficient
precision every problem in the camera that is known to him.  In your case,
having claimed that "Camera works fine now", certainly the seller has
warranted or represented that the camera is a "fine" one.  It is in my view
not open to the seller to escape liability by relying on the words "There is
no warranty on this item.  Camera needs repair to get to tip top shape".  It
is an abuse of the English language to describe a faulty camera as a
"non-tip top" one.  I am no expert in the American law but guess that the
rule "contra proferentem" should apply (put it shortly, the rule means that
one's words are construed strictly against that person).  If the seller
chose not to mention the defect in the camera, he should not be entitled to
the benefit of the "no warranty" clause.

On the other hand, given that the seller's trading history is not bad at
all, it may well be that he or she was not aware of the problem and is
willing to take the camera back.  I guess you should contact the seller for
clarification.

Kam
Hong Kong