Re: [OM] Newsgroups

Subject: Re: [OM] Newsgroups
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:09:12 +0000

To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: PReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like your browser wasn't installed properly or something was
deleted. This may well be intentional on behalf of your employer, as
newsgroups (and mailing lists) can be great time wasters.  If your on 95/98
you can simply reinstall IE or get a dedicated news client, on NT you'll
probably won't have the required priveleges. You will need to configure
whichever application you're using so it knows where to find the news
server etc.
Or, alternatively...
If you have internet access, you don't need to su*bscribe to a full isp to
get newsgroups, as they are available on www.deja.com. Being web based,
it's slow compared to a real news server, as your computer is constantly
downloading  ads etc, but deja is very useful for searching past topics to
see if your question has already been answered (hint, hint).
Another simple approach would be to go to your isp home page (BT Click) and
look up their FAQ, usually in the support pages. All your questions should
be in their FAQ...
Dylan