[OM] My Web page is back up, with pictures

Subject: [OM] My Web page is back up, with pictures
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:10:37 -0500
Well, I finally got my web site back up and running.

The saga: First I had to have the FrontPage extensions reinstalled on my hosting site, as my FTP transfers had corrupted the extensions. I then tried to republish the entire web site, which did not work. Over the last week, I've discovered that the Microsoft Personal Web Server that serves local pages to FP doesn't seem to be case sensitive and is OK with spaces and some special characters. But my hosting ISP's Unix server is VERY case sensitive, and doesn't really want spaces in any filenames. I tried changing all the filenames, but FP doesn't seem to deal very well with lots of name changes to a FP web or interactive theme changes. Besides character case issues, many of the internal FP navigation bars got corrupted and would not work, even if I deleted and replaced them. So I decided to punt. I had to delete the ENTIRE web site again from the server, made a local copy via FP, and deleted the local FP web. I then rebuilt the entire FP web from scratch and reduced my use of FP's navigation bars. It seemed to work, but it cost me about 30 hours of work!

So all your previous bookmarks to my pages have changed. Here are the new ones:

Zuiko Ebay History  http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/zuiko_ebay_history.htm
Zuiko Ebay Graphs http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/zuiko_ebay_min-max_graph.html Zuiko Ebay Analyais http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/zuiko_ebay_analysis.html
Olympus ForSale page  http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/olympus-forsale.htm

I also have gotten the first iteration of my photo gallery started at http://www.skipwilliams.com/Gallery.htm.

All the current photos were scanned using VueScan and an HP Photosmart scanner. They are at 100dpi and a 600 pixel long axis. I'll probably get around to re-scanning them when I get a better scanner, but the quality is OK for now.

Any comments would be appreciated, positive or negative.

Skip