Re: [OM] RE: QR Plates -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: QR Plates -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 15:16:24 -0500
We wouldn't want to start another pissing contest, so I'll say you're both
right. If you go with the QR's from the various manufacturers, they are all
different. However, many heads, esp. ballheads, can be had with the simple 3/8
or 1/4 screwmount. An aftermarket Arca Swiss  QR clamp can be readily attached
(read that Really Right Stuff). The Linhof Profi's, for example, can be had with
their proprietary QR clamp or with a 3/8 male screw in the middle of a 2" dia
platform. Unscrew the platform toss it in yer junk drawer then attach a M/M stud
and RRS A/S clamp and go to town. So, it's true that every head maker has their
own QR system,  it's also true that the aftermarket has settled on Arca Swiss as
the de facto standard.

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:14:18 -0800, Buddy Walters wrote:

>Hi Acer and Barry,
>The Arca Swiss QC style has pretty much become the standard.  Several
>manufactures make plates and clamps.

Maybe in your neck of the woods - but when I looked at heads for my
tripod and monopod, I found a dizzying array of shapes and sizes.

BB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will
travel                          bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx