Re: [OM] Gitzo leg locking problems?????

Subject: Re: [OM] Gitzo leg locking problems?????
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:29:35 -0800
Buddy;

The older ones were a pain. Difficult to turn, had to use 2 hands.  I
had a carbon fiber with the old style and found one more problem: the
glue didn't hold! At least on the carbon fiber legs.  I was putting the
tripod up in Yosemite and ..oops..one leg came off in my hand at the top
joint. I had my Bogen with me too, so the trip wasn't lost.

The good news: I called my dealer and Gitzo upon my return to find out
how they wanted to handle it. Just send it in, we'll take care of it.  I
sent the broken tripod back and they sent me a brand new one. (The
Gitzos are covered by a lifetime warranty.) Same model, but it has a
slightly different leg lock and supposedly better glue.

Well, the new leg locks work much better.  You still have to twist em
the same way, and sometimes have to use 2 hands, but they're smoother
and easier to twist.

george

PS Buddy, your Zuiko 2X has a tripod collar?