Re: [OM] FS: flash bulbs - was - Better Flash recs (Mostly OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: flash bulbs - was - Better Flash recs (Mostly OT)
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 08:43:36 EST
>At 03:00 3/2/00 , Gregg Iverson wrote:
>>It would be fun to try that much flash power.  BTW, what is the
>>relationship between watt seconds and guide numbers.  I don't believe
>>have ever seen a comparison given.
>
>You can!  It just so happens there is a company called Meggaflash in
>Ireland that bought up the last Sylvania plant and still makes
flashbulbs
>for specialized photography:

flash bulbs are a godsend to people who take pictures in caves. the
gear is mucho lighter and no high voltage batteries are required. Also,
I think I recall them lighting off some of the bulbs *underwater*!

I have an original "handle mount" type flash unit that takes the light
bulb type flash bulbs for sale for 30$. I think it's Heiland brand.

I also have quite a few dozen M3's and M2's (and a couple Press 25's),
with 3 shoe mount holders for sale for 50$. the shoe mount units are
"tilt-o-mite" or some such brand. (I don't have them with me to check).

Shipping is extra on the above items.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright