[OM] An F280/OM-4T question -Reply

Subject: [OM] An F280/OM-4T question -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 12:37:18 -0500
No, the under indicator is used to indicate underexposure as expected. Uh, do
you have the manual for this flash? It's available as a PDF at
http://www.heier.com/olydocs/ At speeds of 1/60 sec and below you have to switch
to manual mode if you want Super FP or switch to Normal OTF. At speeds above
1/60sec don't expect to use the flash as your main light in Super FP mode. It's
meant to be a fill flash, if the ambient light is not close to sufficient for
correct exposure the F-280 isn't likely to add enough light to make it so. To
give you an idea of how much fill light it provides,  The guide number for the
flash in Super FP at ISO 100 varies from 34ft at 1/125 down to to 2.6ft at
1/2000. The GN in Normal Auto is 91 ft.

>>> <mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx> 03/03/00 08:56am >>>
Hey, everyone.

Just got a used F280 flash the other day.  I was trying it out on my OM-4T, and
noticed that it functioned as expected, except that the "under" indicator in the
viewfinder flashes after every shot, regardless of mode, even at 1/60 at f2.
There's a piece of scrap film in the camera, so there isn't a film reflectance
problem.  Is the "under" indicator used as the "good exposure" indicator in this
case, or is there a problem?

regards,

m.