Re: [OM] OT, Metric stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, Metric stuff
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:21:50 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, George Sears wrote:

|Hmmm, Too many problems with the metric system, aside from teaching old dogs
|the new tricks.....
|
|The grave diggers...... 6 foot deep = ?
|Fishermen, How deep was yer afishin? Oh, bout 18 inches.......= ?
|Fat folk like me. You need to take off 30 pounds..... = ?
|Drivers. 135 kph, How fast is that sir ?
|Broncos Fans,  Mile High Stadium.............= ?
|Football. First and ???
|Texan. 10 Gallon Hat...........= ?
|Drinker. A yard of Ale....How'd that happen ???
|For the Genius Chaps, Speed of light was 186,000 miles per second. Whats it
|changing to now?
|A cord of wood.... A stack 4' x 4' x 8'
|A pound is a unit of weight, not money. We all know that :-)
|I shoot a .30 cal, not 7.62 mm.
|Hell, I wouldn't even know how tall I am or which to turn on, the heat or
|the air conditioner.
|
|Yall see, its just to dang late to be achanging things around cause I'm
|getting close to falling into the Old Dog Category.         Just a thought
|:-)
|Geo2
|
|Five foot two, eyes of blue...................
|Quarter Horse.................
|And last but not least... The whole nine yards!

But you see, George, if things had proceeded as promised, all of these
euphenisms would have been resolved metrically by now. ;-)  We have
already lost SOME old fashion measures (e.g., the furlong).
Supposedly, the NOW generation should have been metric-compatible by
now, and the older generations who refused to "hang" metrically would
have all died off by now. ;-D

|> |From: "Dylan Sutton" <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|GN
|when