Re: [OM] User OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] User OM-4
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 00:04:02 +0000
At 03:46 3/4/00 , Doris wrote:
>On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Tom Scales wrote:
>> I have an opportunity to buy a user OM-4 for a little less than $200.  It
>> seems like a good deal. The only problem is significant brassing.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
>  No problem. You won't have to worry about scratching it. That's
>peace of mind. Plus every time you grab it, you'll know in your hands
>is a well-loved workhorse.
>                                     *= Doris Fang =*

Well said.  It also gets rid of the "tyro" image with the unblemished
hardware.  Think of all the stories you could spin about how it got every
scratch and ding in the finish.  Even though it's written around a classic
Nikon, Stephen Gandy has a marvelous page about the "Doris Well-Loved
Workhorse" SLR's:
  http://www.jetlink.net/~cameras/imagecon.htm

More seriously, when picking up my OM-1n to use it I sometimes wonder what
stories it could tell about all the film run through it and photos taken
with it if it could talk.
-- John