[OM] Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 13:18:01 -0800
Hank,

I have seen your photos on the gallery and they are really good.  So what
actual lens did
you  reverse for these? The 50mm/1.8?  Your gizmo for getting the Ring Flash
onto a reversed
lens sounds pretty good.  What type of glue did you use to secure the drilled
out rear lens
cap to the step-up adapter?  You would think some company would make devices
like this for
those who use a reverse lens adapter.  I'm just getting around to figuring out
a secure way
of putting the Ring Flash onto the bellows when the lens mount and lens are
reversed.
However it does not seem as difficult as what you have done. Also when you
reverse the lens
this way how do you control the diaphram?

I did not think K25 was discontinued.  I know most local small photo stores
don't usually
carry it because they don't buy their film direct from Kodak.  And I'm sure
almost all of it
goes to the larger pro stores.  B&H has it and at a great price.  That roll I
had sitting in
the freezer had a expiration date of June 1996.  It worked just fine.  So maybe
it's not a
bad idea to buy a few extra rolls and store it in the freezer just so that it's
at hand when
you need it.

It seems that with the 35-70/f3.5-4.5 I crank out the bellows about half way.
But of course
it depends on the size of the object.  I did keep the close focus turned all
the way out.
I'm thinking with this rig I was getting about 2x but I have not really looked
at that yet.
I was just more intrested in framing the shots.

Hopefully in the next few days I will find time to fire up the scanner.

Phillip Franklin