[OM] Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !
From: nfoltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 10:52:05 -0800
Hi Phillip Franklin and everyone,

I enjoyed reading your post about the Zuiko 35-70 close focus zoom.
I recently purchased a 7 mm Auto extension ring which was recommended
by a hummingbird photographer.
I made a little gizmo several years ago out of a 49-55 step-up ring glued to
a drilled out lens back protector which allows me to attach the T-10 ring flash
over the back of the lens when I use it on a lens reversal adapter.  I have had
some
stunningly good results when all of this is combined with the Vivitar Extension
Doubler.
I took the photos of the Green Metallic Sweat Bee on the Unofficial Olympus
Gallery
this way as well as the photo of a honey bee in flight on the Insects section
of my web
page <http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/~flzhgn/insect3.htm>

It's too bad that Kodachome 25 has been discontinued.

I am very interested in seeing your macrophotos and wonder if your technique
with
the bellows would be even better.  What amount of extension did you find most
useful ?

Best Regards,

Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>