Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 00:08:25 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Phillip Franklin wrote:

|I did not think K25 was discontinued.  I know most local small photo
|stores don't usually carry it because they don't buy their film
|direct from Kodak.  And I'm sure almost all of it goes to the larger
|pro stores.  B&H has it and at a great price.  That roll I had
|sitting in the freezer had a expiration date of June 1996.  It worked
|just fine.  So maybe it's not a bad idea to buy a few extra rolls and
|store it in the freezer just so that it's at hand when you need it.

What has been replaced was PKM, which has been dropped for a member of
the KODAK SELECT Series, KM.  From Kodak's own web site:

http://kodak.com/cgi-bin/webCatalog.pl?product=KODACHROME+25+Professional+Film+(PKM)&cc=US&lc=en

we have:

KODACHROME 25 Professional Film (PKM)
Note: KODACHROME 25 Film (KM), a member of the KODAK SELECT Series,
will replace KODACHROME 25 Professional Film (PKM) in mid-1999.

Color balance: Daylight or electronic flash
Primary features:
Fine grain and very high sharpness
Reproduces subtle colors naturally
Pleasing skin tones
Reciprocity performance
Archival dark keeping
Suggested applications:
Nature/travel
Process: Process K-14, by independent processing lab