Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:14:25 -0600
At 12:43 PM 3/5/2000 -0800, Buddy you wrote:
>Tom,
>What is your purpose of this post?
>You state;
>.."Anybody...(interested in them)?"
>..."That means my....4T.. will be for sale when I get it back.
>..."I've gotten flush with bodies again."
>
>We do not need to be told EVERY time you make a purchase, receive your new
>toys or are trying to decide if you want to keep what you just bought.
>If you think you are going to manipulate and use this list with your sneaky
>little marketing ploy.  You sir, are wrong.
>Either honor this list, OR GET OFF!
>Buddy Walters

Hey Buddy, I think you're making some assumptions about Tom's motives which
are off base.  Tom's been very up front about what he's doing and many
people on list have encouraged him to "share" on many different levels.  I
don't feel "marketed" and I certainly don't think Tom has been sneaky.
Quite the opposite in fact.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA