Re: [OM] OT Metric system, was Better Flash recs ...

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Metric system, was Better Flash recs ...
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Mar 2000 08:26:57 +1000
Gregg <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Seems a man from Tennessee was visiting his brother in Texas.  The Texan was
> bragging about how large his ranch was (especially since he knew how small

Here in Oz, we have farms bigger than Texas.  Not "bigger than farms
in Texas"; but "bigger than Texas".

> BTW, what foot
> is for the gas pedal if you drive *backwards*? <g>

Same.  I found adjusting to driving in the US pretty easy (except for
carparks, where for some reason it's easier to forget).

> It doesn't work
> to just convert quantities by multiplying  or dividing.  So changing to a
> metric system would require quite an adjustment.

It's not a problem.  My scales have metric on one side, Imperial on
the other.  Ditto for measuring jugs.  I use whatever system the
recipe uses.

ObOly: Are Olympuses imperial or metric?

ObOly Part deux: I finally bit the bullet and put my FTL and OM-2n in
        for repair and service.  World shattering photographic events
        are hereby prohibited until Tuesday.

cjb
--
Christopher Biggs -- chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Stallion Technologies Australia.
There's a bug in my mailer that mangles my sig but V guvax V'ir svkrq vg abj.