Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: "John W. Sloane, DMD" <jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:08:38 -0500
Joel, I totally agree with this statement........It was on this list that I
first learned of the term "Zuikoholic" (which I am, my name is John) and I
have indulged in buying frenzies of my own and I find that I always look
forward to reading Tom's posts to see where he is in his "disease" and find
consolation that I am not the only one struck with the affliction!  I'm sure
others will agree and identify.  I think Tom is entertaining AND
informative, and I'm glad he is with us.  It has also been my joy to live
vicariously through him by learning of his frenetic purchases, at the same
time laughing at myself because I so closely identify....by the way, it's
also on topic.  There is a lot of fun to be had buying, selling and trading,
and letting others whom we consider to be our friends share that joy (or
frustration) with us.   NO, Tom's not here to set us up.  And I see no
reason for him or any of us to be chastized for sharing our feelings,
thoughts or information as song as it is OM related.  I get a lot out of the
people on the list, and I thank each and every one of you.  And if ya don't
like a post, delete the damn thing...it's your computer. I'll get of the
soapbox now, reminding you, Buddy, that this list is made up of PEOPLE, with
feelings, thoughts values and beliefs, and as a unit, the group is stronger
than the sum of it's parts.  We all have something positive to contribute,
but what may look deceptive or alterior (sp?) to you, will be something that
at least one of us can take away as a positive influence in our lives,
personal or professional.  Live and let live.

Thank you,
John