RE: [OM] Autocollimator tests on filters

Subject: RE: [OM] Autocollimator tests on filters
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 20:47:17 -0600
> As for filterless photography, I was just thinking how digitally one
> could mimic the effect of using a black and white contrast filter (like
> a R25) if they shot the scene using color film and then enhanced or
> reduced a particular color in a scan using image manipulation software.
> Hum, one more reason not to bother shooting B&W film.

I've  been thinking the same thing,  Gary. I'm  a bit surprised that these
image editing  programs don't have 'built in' the effects of the standard
color filters we  commonly use. Maybe  I haven't looked at the right
programs yet, but  it sure would  appeal to film photographers  making the
transition to digital  image manipulation to be  able  to choose a digital
81A filter from a menu,  or say an R25 before converting to a B+W image.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx