Re: [OM] Re: Remote control

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Remote control
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:10:57 +0100
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:00:32 -0600, "Matt Bachofen"
<bachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Ok,
>     So most of you probably think of me as Mr. OT.  Well,  I'm not really
>an electro-techno-wizard (that's for sure) Certainly not an engineer.  I've
>been acquiring (not amassing a la TS) gear to photograph Hummingbirds and
>wanted a Remote-cord.  I looked at my Winder2 and the little hole to stick
>in the cord reminded me of the time I used headphones as a microphone to
>record my voice,  so I grabbed my old microphone with two jacks on it and
>stuck in the one that fit and turned it on.   WOO HOO  my own, albeit goofy
>looking, remote.
>
>m.e.b.

Matt, I don't know what type of microphone you have got - but 6 volts
from the batteries of the winder might be to much for it to survive
your usage.
It is rather easy to make a remote cord the way it should be - just a
plug like you use now, a length of 2 wire cable to your choice (well,
up to about 50 meters) and a pushbutton for convenience. And someone
to solder them together properly, of course....
If you cannot find one locally, I would be happy to help you. Maybe I
do even have an Olympus remote cord lying around which I might sell
off (no volume selling a la TS, though)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.