Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:23:16 -0000
Chip Stratton wrote:
>Keith  -
>Maybe the mount  lock tab  was broken. On the 35-70 Autofocus  I mentioned
>week ago, just  before  sending it  off to someone who wanted  it, I found
>that it wasn't locking  into place. I took off the mount, and  found  that
>the metal tab had  broken. Fortunately  I  had a spare and fixed it right
>up...
Thanks Chip. Yes, I suppose it could have broken off and jammed in its slot,
preventing the lens from dropping into place. I hadn't got my reading
glasses at the time so couldn't see it in any detail. I may take a magnifier
and my OM-40 in to try it. They've had it for so long they should have
resolved the problem by now, but it's rare for them to have an OM body to
try it - they haven't got one now!

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx