Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy (BW's last comments)

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy (BW's last comments)
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:16:54 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:11:47 -0800, Buddy Walters wrote:

>If this forum allows you this privilege, we should also allow Olympus Guy,
>B&H Used Department and others the same privileges.  We should even put adds
>on ebay to sell their stuff here - first!  What would be the difference?

Fine by me. Since no local shop handles Oly gear, I'd love to be able
to peruse posts on the list and see what is available. When I'm not
in the market for equipment, posts are easy enough to ignore. When I
am in the market, posts to the list, eBay prices, and dealer websites
help me avoid charging too little or paying too much.

And commerce or no, Tom's posts haven't interfered with my getting
useful information through the list. This list is partially
responsible for the improvement in my photography over the past 2
years. The advice, tips, tricks, and perspectives I've picked up on
the list have been priceless.

And frankly, when I look in my camera bag and see lenses ranging from
16-300mm and a couple of bodies I bought from list members at or
below market (B&H, eBay et al) price, (not tomention the lenses I've
sold to other list members) I've certainly benefitted from the
commerce on the list.

So what was the problem again?

BBB
-