Re: [OM] Re: Ebay / Tom

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Ebay / Tom
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:18:41 -0600
At 09:27 PM 3/5/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I hope Tom will reconsider some limited postings.  That's what keeps much
>of the list alive.
>
>I might get flamed for this but IMHO, I think that "Buddy" should publicly
>apologize to Tom for the on-list comments that he made.  That was really
>ridiculous to pin someone to the wall who was just sharing his experiences
>with the list and offering to help us all.  Just because we all don't have
>the funds to indulge, that's no reason not to listen.  Remember, we all
>have a Delete key!
>
>Skip

Buddy is a great guy. He once offered up a set of diopters for the old
eyecup which someone had given him. I jumped at it, and he sent me the
bunch gratis. Wouldn't even let me pay the postage. That kind of behavior
characterizes this list at its best IMO. He's a real gentleman, and while I
disagree with him about Tom, it doesn't change my opinion of him. I figure
he has a right to state his opinion, and I can state mine.  In the end, Tom
will have to make a decision that suits his comfort level because there
will be disagreement about this kind of thing.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA