[OM] Framing your prints

Subject: [OM] Framing your prints
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:04:42 EST
Do many of you frame up your prints and/or display them in a home gallery?? I
want to do this at home as well as..
I'm thinking of taking pictures of customers in their new glasses and
starting a "personality gallery"..maybe using only black and white Tri-X, the
24mm 2.8 for interest...this is a small town and it could be a "cute"
conversational thingee in a retail setting?? Do you think it's too "artsy
fartsy"? My second store is a home design studio and we've already been
hanging home shots in the showroom (no..I don't have the 24mm shift...and it
is really a must...but..) when the clients allow. It's a great selling tool.
In the case of my optical shop, i think the character lines , the
expressions, could make for a neat wall display....do y'all (for you
europeans, that means "you all") like the "floating" frames?

And, if you have been framing your shots, do you have a good reference for a
frame company? The locals here are outrageously high-retail.

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
Home is where you hang your @.