Re: [OM] 21mm f 3.5 and B+W SLIM C-POL

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm f 3.5 and B+W SLIM C-POL
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 12:58:37 +0100

Ángel Lobo schrieb:

> After get some vigneting with normal pol. filter on 24 and 21mm, last Febr
> I buy one circ. pol. filter of B+W on the thin (and expensive) version.
>
> I take a test picture with the Zuiko 21mm f 3.5  on f 8 to a clear blue sky
> and I have a great vigneting.

You cant test vigneting of Pol filters by photographing the sky. You
will see the different polarisation of the sky.
It´s better to test on an even lit (and polarized) surface (maybe an
white wall?).

Super wide angle will always show vigneting (light fall off), due to the
geometric relations of the path of light.

> Can someone tell me one Circ. Pol. for the 21 3.5 without vigneting ?

How thick is the filter frame? The thin Olympus Pol filter is 5mm thick
and Olympus claims it will not show vigneting on OM lenses (not tested
with 21mm)

Regards

Richard