Re: [OM] Framing your prints

Subject: Re: [OM] Framing your prints
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:34:57 -0500
At 01:04 PM 3/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
Do many of you frame up your prints and/or display them in a home gallery?? I
want to do this at home as well as..
I'm thinking of taking pictures of customers in their new glasses and
starting a "personality gallery"..maybe using only black and white Tri-X, the
24mm 2.8 for interest...this is a small town and it could be a "cute"
conversational thingee in a retail setting??

I think it's a good idea. I display some of my work in my business which has nothing to do with photography at all. By all means pursue it. And, don't forget, since you are displaying the fruits of your labor in an attempt to get more business, it's tax deductible!

<snip>

And, if you have been framing your shots, do you have a good reference for a
frame company? The locals here are outrageously high-retail.

Try Light Impressions... I think it's www.lightimpressionsdirect.com, or something. I buy frames and mats 10 at a clip, and buy my glass from the local window joint.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.