Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:53:18 -0800
In a message dated 3/5/2000 "Buddy Walters" <IRBWalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

<< We do not need to be told EVERY time you make a purchase, receive
your new
toys or are trying to decide if you want to keep what you just bought.
If you think you are going to manipulate and use this list with your
sneaky
little marketing ploy.  You sir, are wrong.
Either honor this list, OR GET OFF! >>

This sounds like a very harsh outburst to me...

Tom has asked our opinions of his posts and has been assured that they
are okay on every occasion that I can recall.

That said, _if_ Tom indeed does turn his Zuikoholic obsession (which I
think we all enjoy by proxy) into a business (as he has implied he may
do in a past post), then you would be correct that his items for sale
posts would be in conflict with list rules and etiquette (as far as I
know them...they are a bit vague). However, AFIK, Tom has not launched a
camera sales business ala Olympus Guy so he is not really doing any
"marketing ploys" at all in my eyes. I think he is trying to be very
fair with list members in his offering of excess goodies from his buying
spree.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com