[OM] The list hath spoken

Subject: [OM] The list hath spoken
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:59:47 +0000
As far as I can tell the overwhelming majority of opinion is that Tom's
activities on the list are welcome and may continue.

As some have complained this list does not have any formalised written
rules.   What is acceptable and what is not have generally been arrived at
by a sort of consensus where eventually someone states what they think
should be policy and if there are no dissenting views it becomes the
accepted code of practice which people then tend to follow, or don't ;-)

So in this case I think there is a definite consensus that Tom may
continue as he has and is pretty much encouraged to do so.

At least that is my reading of events.

I get the feeling some would like me or Shawn to step in on occasion and
settle things when they get a bit out of hand but I am afraid I personally
am rather reluctant to do so in general as I regard this list as a forum
where mainly adults participate.  I really would prefer not to be telling
fellow adults to behave themselves or what to do.  I save that stuff for
my son ;-)

I will say that as a fellow list member,  I think it would be really nice
if people could refrain from on-list personal attacks, insults and name
calling.  I am not forbidding such by any means or saying 'this is a rule'
I am just saying that I think it would be nice...

Back to imitating those three wise monkeys.

Giles
List Administrator - Pro Tem