[OM] OT: metric beer OM: Camera grip

Subject: [OM] OT: metric beer OM: Camera grip
From: JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:40:57 +0100
Someone wrote: "A pint's a pound all over the world"

(No other Brit replied so I just have to delurk...)

'Fraid not mate - in my childhood in England we learned to sing "A pint of
water weighs a pound and a quarter" because we have 20 ounces to a pint.
And 8 of these big pints to a gallon.

I don't know what happens when we drink winter beer - so-called "heavy"...

But back on topic...

I always keep the bottom half of my (n)ever-ready case on the body of my
OM4.  It protects it well (negligible brassing over 15 years) and the edge
of the case is in just about the same place as the edge of the grip would
be - a convenient 'edge' to hold on to.  Yes, the erc has to come off for
film changes.  But no, I punched a hole through the bottom of the case to
allow attachment of the quick release mount for the tripod.  Yes you may
need a longer bolt.

best regds
Jez