Re: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics

Subject: Re: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 07:56:51 EST
>What is causing the difference? My wife and I each have our own
>income. We pay together for all household cost, but each of us is free
>to spend what is left the way he or she wants to.
>My wife buys art, I buy Zuiko. We don't ever criticize each other -
>simply because there is no need for that. Why doesn't this solution
>work in the USA?

ever see American movies, particularly of the "guy meets girl" kind?
Over here, when we meet our one true love, we're supposed to do a mind
and body meld with them, and revel in the new found freedom of the
promised land.

In other words, Americans have unreasonable expectations of what
constitutes married life. I know that's a gerneralization, and with all
generalizations, probably everyone on this list, with my luck, is
happily married the "European way." Then I'll get flamed ad nasuem for
being a twit and making fun of 'muricans. But, that's what the internet
is for, isn't it, to get flamed mercilessly for no apparent reason???

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright