Re: [OM] T32 power supply

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 power supply
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:57:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, John Hermanson wrote:

> There is, indeed, a circuit in the head of the BG2.  6V in, 300V out.

Better late than never (this reply, that is).  Good grief, there is,
too.  If you run the T32 with no batteries in it, you can locate the
source of the whining sound in the top of the BG.  And with both sets of
batteries, there are definitely 2 sources of whining sounds - top of the
BG and the T32 itself.  One lives and one learns, eh?

So what's the 3rd pin for?  I'd guess it's to allow switching the
step-up circuitry in the BG on and off using the switch on the flash?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |