Re: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics

Subject: Re: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:29:19 +0000
Frank,
I don't think it reflects images of real life (maybe in caricature at
times) as much as it reflects expectations of what real life should be.
Warning:  this is a sweeping generalization.  Don't ask me which came
first, the movies or the expectations; that's like asking whether the
chicken or the egg came first.  Some people of my parents' generation drove
themselves neurotic over not being able to achieve the "Father Knows Best,"
"My Three Sons," or even the "Cleaver" family life with completely
unrealistic expectations of eternal bliss.

Real life just isn't that way.  Fortunately my other half and I realize that.

-- John