[OM] Re: Oly remote (was Yashica T4)

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly remote (was Yashica T4)
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:53:07 -0800
>> little> pluggies, a switch that I can just hold down, and wire.  I mounted
>>the switch in an empty film canister.  Now I have a 30 ft. (9m?) remote.
>I did something similar, but used a hinged plastic box that staples come
>in.  I mounted the switch in one end and use the box to hold the coiled
>up wire when not in use.
>
>Daryl Hurley
>Topeka, KS

        I use shrink tube on the switch connections and then a layer or two
more acting as a flex relief from the cable to the switch.  This makes
for a very small package at the end of the cable.  Shadio Rack sells
shrink tube in small quanities and possibly even in a mixed size package
as well.

        A word of warning, I used a small (10mm OD) momentary switch in my
first attempt.  A really nice package.  However I inadvertantly used a
normally closed switch and was very surprised the first time I tried to
use it.  A trip back to the store remedied that for another two bucks.

Mike Butler