[OM] Oly remotes

Subject: [OM] Oly remotes
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:10:37 -0000
I made a dirt-cheap and robust remote release for a Winder 2 years ago. IIRC
the Winder socket is a standard 4mm jack plug, used on all sorts of stereo
gear. At the camera club Christmas auction I bought a Carousel slide
projector changer for a pound. Nice little plastic box with button switches
on one end, 7-pin DIN plug on other. Back to electrical store to get 7-pin
DIN inline socket and a metre (or meter or yard, depending on where you are)
of light co-ax.

10 mins scratching head to work out which of the DIN pins get connected by
the changer buttons. 5 mins with the soldering iron, et voila - an adapter
that lets you take photos with a slide changer. It works a treat.

John