Re: [OM] [OM} Bellow Reversed Front Standard is Series 6 thread

Subject: Re: [OM] [OM} Bellow Reversed Front Standard is Series 6 thread
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:27:39 +0100
> I just tested it out.  That front standard reversed uses a Series 6
thread.  So with a
> Series 6 to 49mm or 52mm step up ring it should make it easy to attach the
Ring Flash or any
> other filter type attachment to the bellows with the lens reversed.  Also
by doing this it
> will protect the back element from a possible scratch when getting close
with macro. I even
> found a Series 6 polaring filter in my stash of stuff from using a Mamyia
Universal 6x9
> camera.  I do have some Series 6 filters but none with the step up to 49mm
or 52mm, however
> they should not be hard to find.

Interesting discovery, Phillip. I'll add it to the e-SIF. One possible
application would be to use this thread for filters with the 20mm and 38mm
macro heads, rather than the 21mm and 32mm slide-on filters that are
possibly even harder to find than 45mm screw-in filters...

Hnz