RE: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics

Subject: RE: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:05:42 -0500
 >Remember the Zuikoholic's last resort denial strategy. Hide it for a few
> >months, then say, "Oh, I've had that for a long time."

Been there done that as they say.  Over many years of creative covert
purchases I think I've done it all.  I've bribed both our daughter's. (No
shame here!)  Had purchases delivered to our oldest daughter's house.  Had
it shipped to my office.  Stayed home when UPS was to arrive.  Living on the
edge!  Not all of my covert operations have been successful though.

My all time classic snafu occurred when I attempted to sell my OM-4 on eBay.
To underwrite the cost of a new 4Ti, purchased undercover and delivered to
my daughter's house, I decided to put the used OM-4 up for sale;
clandestinely!  Since my wife is an antique dealer and sells on eBay I
established my own account through my work email address to avoid detection.
So clever I thought!  Everything was going well.  My meticulous care in
planning every detail would soon pay off. Until...karma - BAD KARMA!  A
doctor, who treats my wife, while perusing for an used OM-4, spies mine on
eBay.  He emails me at work wondering if I'm any relation to Mary Spolarich.
Says he once had an OM-4 back in Med school and wanted to get back into the
OM line!  Give me a break!  Like the character Flick, in Jean Shepard's
"Christmas Story" and "Ollie Hapnoodles Haven of Bliss", I was a born
VICTIM!

Thinking I could still diffuse the bomb, I coyly avoided his question in my
email response.  How was I to know my wife had an appointment with the
doctor the very next day!  And guess what the doctor asked her????  IS YOUR
HUSBAND SELLING A CAMERA??

I was sentenced, convicted and executed that evening!

Now I'm plotting on how to buy Tom Scales 18mm!!