[OM] Shelf-life of Metol

Subject: [OM] Shelf-life of Metol
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:02:37 +0000 (GMT)
Somebody asked about this recently.  My colleague who collects all kinds
of chemicals (esp. photographically useful ones) that labs are trying to
dispose of, says that he is not aware of any shelf-life for Metol. It
does slowly oxidise if exposed to air, though, especially if any water
has got at it too.

So even a sample dating from the 1940s could be fine if it has been
stored correctly.  You could always make up a litre or so of developer
and run a test film through it.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |