[OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics

Subject: [OM] Denial strategies for incorrigible, off-the-wagon Zuikoholics
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 05:11:33 PST
Hi Frank, Brian, and others,

Come on Frank, that won't fly, look at Olaf's post! (:>)
Brian P. Huber

I guess Olaf's fiancee must be kind of American.... ;-)

Frank, you're "kind of" right, as she's actually a _South_ American :)))

Olaf states:
HAHAHA, how recognisable!!!
I did just that two days ago when using the T28 Twin Flash and getting weird looks about what the heck I had mounted on the camera this time: "Oh, that's just a macro flash I bought somewhere last year, I've had that one for quite a while now..." ;)))

Actually, to further clarify the above statement: this time it was made to my parents who always question my OM acquisitions too (although with them of course I never get into trouble over this, as I'm independ ;) ). To prevent my parents from telling me I'd better spend my money otherwise, I decided to tell them this story. Besides: it's true, as I bought the flash in November last year :)

Regarding my lovely Giocond(it)a: she will be back in The Netherlands in some two weeks, and she hasn't seen this flash yet, so I may still get in trouble for it. Although I did inform her that I'm setting up a multiple flash portrait studio, and she was cool about it, so maybe matters won't be so bad...:)

Then, I probably am not good "comparison material" as my fiancee is not European, but what say you, Hans: how many pairs of shoes will be needed to bribe Carla, before you can finally safely buy that 16/3.5 ??? ;)))

Cheers!
Olafo