Re: [OM] Oly remotes

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly remotes
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:38:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Gregg wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source for an angled plug?  Radio Shack only carries
> the straight plugs.  They are just slightly too long to connect to the BG2
> when it is attached to the camera with the winder.

I couldn't find any either.  Mind you, I didn't look very hard or long
before deciding that it would be just as easy to use a straight plug,
discard the cap, bend the contacts through 90 degrees, solder the cable
on and encase it in epoxy putty.  This does, of course, make repair
impossible if/when the cable gets tugged out of the plug, but then
again, they're only 45p (plus a bit more putty) for a new one.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |