Re: [OM] Rangefinder Decision to Make (T4 vs. Big Mini) (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Rangefinder Decision to Make (T4 vs. Big Mini) (OT)
From: Ilona Lemieux <lmx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 05:25:02 -0500
I can vouch for the virtues of the stylus epic over the T4.  The stylus,
called the mju - II here, is my current p&s, the T4 I´ve owned previously.

I was mostly happy with the T4 in every way except one maddening quality,
never mentioned in the reviews which I think is very important in a p&s -
the delay between pressing the shutter release and the actual release was
quite long - long enough to blow alot of candid shots, the type of shot a
p&s is for, after all.  I´ve tried other T4´s& the newer T5 in a store and
they are the same.
Also not real good was the neccessity to exactly center your eyes over the
viewfinder to see anything.  The "spy window " thing on the T4 I found
mostly useless, a marketing gimmick, I think.  Lens was quite nice.

The oly has a noticeably shorter shutter delay, the optics seem at least as
good, if not better, is brighter, has a much wider shutter speed range, and
a much better flash system. It also seems to be lighter, and quieter on
rewind. To top it off, it is (here at least) cheaper, too.  My memorable
picture tally with the oly is surely greater than with the yash.

A super piece I can´t recommend too much!   In my opinion, a T4 basher.
Before you buy a black one, check out the silver - its gorgeous(plus
databack), and the paint seems to hold up better than with the OM´s!

frank,   aus berlin