Re: [OM] [OT] one advantage of imperial units...beer in pints!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] one advantage of imperial units...beer in pints!
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:23:41 +0000
I should try and get a good shot of a Guiness truck with a full load.
What could be more Irish than that?  Of course !  A Guinness truck with
only one or two kegs left ;-)

As a fairly new arrival here in Ireland I have noticed that there is one
thing which seems to travel faster than Fire engines or ambulances and
which other drivers seem to defer to more readily than they do the
afore-mentioned emergency vehicles, and that is one of the afore-mentioned
fully laden trucks with distinctive black and gold livery ;-)

Trivia:  When whisky is aged in wooden barrels a certain amount of alcohol
is lost through the walls of the barrel as a very slow form of
evaporation.  The lost portion is termed "The Angels share"

(My grandfather was chief distiller at Jamesons)

Giles