Re: [OM] assignment ideas

Subject: Re: [OM] assignment ideas
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 19:21:07 +0000
At 19:13 3/9/00 , Acer wrote:
>For my final photo asgn. I'm at a loss for ideas. Prog. has given us a
>carte blanche: do whatever you want as long as it is consistent. I have no
>idea what to shoot, and I have to shoot and dev and print a bunch of stuff
>by Tue (coming up). Help!@
>
>/Acer V

Acer,
One of the things I thought of doing last year (and may still do) was "Mr.
Magoo's Weltansicht."  Requires:
  a.  extension tube
  b.  wide angle (wider than 35mm:  24mm or 28mm)
  c.  diffusion, fog or soft focus filter
  d.  50mm hood.

The extension tube allows extremely close focusing. The wide angle allows
getting close up to small objects and still being able to get them all in
the frame.  The diffusion filter softens the focus down and the 50mm hood
vignettes the image slightly.

Subject material:  photograph everything around your living quarters
close-up, diffused and vignetted from a point of view as if you are
extremely myopic and tyring to use them without vision correction.  My path
would have taken objects used for everyday tasks and chores (making coffee,
feeding dog, etc.).  Hence, the title "Mr. Magoo's Weltansicht."

-- John