Re: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:20:27 EST
In a message dated 3/8/00 10:41:26 PM Central Standard Time,
edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Gary Faulkenberry, I know you had an APO 400/5.6 at one time....

Gary
I still have it. I've been pleased with the images it has produced over the
years. I purchased it from B&H when it was replaced with the APO Macro
version and was listed in the close out section. It was cheaper than the Oly
1.4 teleconvertor!  I use the Tamron 400 now, except when hiking. Here I
carry the Oly 300 or the Sigma 400.  The 70-210 F2.8 Sigma is a rare bird in
the Oly mount. I tried to purchase it when Sigma replaced it with the 82mm
filter version. When I called Sigma to find out if it could be ordered, I was
told by the Sigma Rep. that 4 units had been imported into the US with an Oly
mount. I believe a former list member has one also, so that leaves 2 for the
rest of us. Incidentally, take a look at the Pop. Photography test results
for this lens. The Sigma 77 mm filter F2.8 has unbelievably good test
results.

Gary Faulkenberry