Re: [OM] Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")

Subject: Re: [OM] Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:08:25 -0000
Joel Wilcox wrote:
>I'm going to try to transfer some of my favorite music from the archive
>(vinyl) to a useful but transitory format (CD).  I'm serious.  Does anyone
>know what I would need to do this?  I've got a Linn Sondek LP-12 at the
>front end and a Yamaha CD burner at the other.  What would I need in the
>middle?

Hello Joel,
I've been doing something on those lines through my Revox reel-to-reel deck
as a volume/balance control, recording .wav files on the hard drive using
Wave 2.1 software until I'm almost out of space, then converting the huge
.wav files to much smaller MP3 files using Audio Catalyst 1.5 and moving the
MP3 files to Zip disks, from whence I can play them with WinAmp or MM
Jukebox 3. I expect I'll move them to CDR if I ever get round to buying a CD
burner.

Regards,
Keith